I don’t know if anyone else has gone through this minor ordeal. Switching your Windows Messenger account from one address to another. Well, I did it, and let me tell you – it is a weekend project! The result, not even a week after has been quite rewarding; I have moved from a list of 1077 people to a list of about 100, people I actually want to talk to and care about if they are online. This is certainly a pitfall of social networking these days, that eventually you accumulate faddish friends, but – as I have proven – it isn’t the end of the world.
Some notes. You can’t just move a selected list of people from one messenger to the other, you need to manually move the ones you want – you can only copy the whole list using Windows Live built in import/export. Good luck to anyone who wants to try, and if you are one of those who didn’t get over to my new list, don’t fret, it’s hard to sort 1077 fishes. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment